Favorite Ambient Artists - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Ambient / Downtempo Discussion of music similar to Brian Eno, Sigur Rós, FSOL, The Orb, Biosphere.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:36 PM   #21
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11498504
Thanked 1,221 Times in 888 Posts
Re: Favorite Ambient Artists

yayy ambient thread!! love ambient.

There was an artist I was going to mention that I found a ways back and was really good tho I hadn't heard of him before... alas, I can't seem to find the album at this moment. Will check my main library when I'm back in week or so.

Anyways, other ambient artists I dig:

Aphex Twin
DJ Spooky (his ambient album Collected Ambient Tracks '94-'05). One in particular is friggin awesome:

The Orb
Autechre (like off Tri Repetae or Amber:

Moby did an ambient album that was pretty good.

Will have to post more...

Advertisements

------------------
"I imagine for something like that you'd need a rather large number of microphones"
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
Even Unregistered can compete in the latest BEAT BATTLE!!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 09:02 PM   #22
lyski
IDMf's latest spammer
lyski is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Sarah Davachi. Canadian, contemporary. It's more drone, but she have a very distinctive way of doing drone even if it sound minimalistic. You know that's her from album to album.

My favorite album : Let Night Come On Bells End The Day (2018) nice, noble and soft for sleeping time

Fav track (more gloomy, another abum)
"Ghosts And All" findable even on Youtube. Atmosphere-changing track, very primitive !
lyski is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 12:43 AM   #23
bu.re_
Granular Poster
bu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to beholdbu.re_ is a splendid one to behold
los angeles
MC Status: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyski View Post
Sarah Davachi. Canadian, contemporary. It's more drone, but she have a very distinctive way of doing drone even if it sound minimalistic. You know that's her from album to album.

My favorite album : Let Night Come On Bells End The Day (2018) nice, noble and soft for sleeping time

Fav track (more gloomy, another abum)
"Ghosts And All" findable even on Youtube. Atmosphere-changing track, very primitive !
great stuff, dude. thanks for the rec.

i dig the mono no aware nod, by the way!

------------------
bu.re_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2018, 03:09 AM   #24
Vault O)))
Mushroom dick
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 67510
Thanked 1,350 Times in 881 Posts

The first one is Cliffsides. Sometimes I can't believe how obscure these artists really are and it hurts me

Last edited by Vault O))); 26-07-2018 at 03:24 AM..

Advertisements

Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote