A Pointless Thread About A Conversation on eBay...
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 19-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199653418
Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,258 Posts
A Pointless Thread About A Conversation on eBay...

Greetings to the Sideroom, hope you're all doing well up in here...

I'm selling a few small ticket items on eBay looking to get some FabFilter stuff when it's all said and done. One of them being a "for parts only / not working" made in Korea Fender Squier II. Apparently the Korean ones, 1990 "E9's" as it were, are worth slightly more than the ones made elsewhere later on.

I received a message from a member the other day just after he made an opening bid of fifty dollars. The conversation is as follows...

He opens, without a hello, by complaining about how he sucks at bidding:

Quote:
i know people wait till ts he last 3 mins to bid i bid and walk away so im sure as usual last 3 minutes someone will out bid me by 3 bux im so tired of the game thats y i like buy it now but thats what i do bid walk away lose everytime thanks
So I told him I didn't think I could add a "buy it now" because he had already bid, and eBay charges an additional fee, but asked him if I could what did he think is a fair price. 10 min later I get this where he offers $60 I think, only $10 more than his opening bid, and let's me in on his bloody business bureau battle with Guitar Center, but over what exactly I'm still not really sure:

Quote:
considering i bought one of the more sought after vintage white e mik squire for 120 with hard case and just needed new strings a set up and graphite tuners extra 200 cause pots and switch were bad if no hard case and the repairs needed price really with shipping 60 plus shipping unless u have hard case itd be more they always damage in shipping to but my friend wants mine but i gave it to myvson i got surfer green deluxe im just buying as s gift and guitar center screwed me i had to go back theyvhad my knobs sticking up a lot more made my knobs look wrong and they stole my original knobs switch to i told em i was buying that 1699 deluxe they fixed or adjusted pots apparently they threw it togeather i bought my deluxe musicians friend and gc called getting mouthy i told them i was filing a complaint with better business Bureau
Good to know you're somebody's father...

Without a second reply from me, 10 min later he offers to retract his opening bid if it'll help, use his moms Paypal, and skirt eBays fee:

Quote:
i would retract the bid if it matter i got blue star 100% let me know or call skip 10% my mom has paypal not linked
By this time my auction has 12 watchers so I told him I was going to just let it run out thinking it would be the end. I then receive this message, it's now 3am where he is and things seem a bit murky:

Quote:
i inherited alot of ww2 veitnam korean war memrovillia if you liked stuff or can refer somone i only have musuem pieces on here now at 3400.00
When I wake in the morning I respond with a final no and seeming to be running on zero sleep shortly thereafter he replies with this:

Quote:
ok but theyll do it i have 2 allready going to a friend i have 4600 in items on ebay airforce war stuff top gun helmet theyll go ill try but itll need a set up new tuners i use graphite ones add tone its just for a friend heres mybstuff dad left it to me besides mik i bought the deluxe with saling silver wings and uniforms flight suits
At this point I'm ignoring him because I have no idea who "they" are and what they will do and probably neither does he but if you're in the market for some Korean WWII memorabilia hit me up because I've got a line on some.

If nothing else maybe Numer will read this and half way through he'll get laid.

Last edited by RFJ; 19-10-2014 at 05:21 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1360
Re: A Pointless Thread About A Conversation on eBay...

You ignore me how why you i wait response for long minutes that me who make question you you no reply family shamed

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
Its not the vst that makes the man but the man, that makes the vst.
Sobia6464 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214390248
Thanked 2,836 Times in 1,766 Posts

Punctuation is beautiful.

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Evelon
RFJ (19-10-2014)
Old 19-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #4
Trebesch
IDMf Artist
Trebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MC
Isle of Skye
MC Status: 8601731

I now have the IQ of a Labrador after reading that...
Trebesch is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler
Sobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud ofSobia6464 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebesch View Post
I now have the IQ of a Labrador after reading that...
I'm glad that helped improve your IQ

#shotsfired

------------------
Quote:
Old 19-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.

At first I was thinking maybe it's a bot programmed to screw with friendly eBay sellers. But first there was the story about guitar center and then the picture of his room he sent me that quelled all that. Neon must be back in style amongst the sophisticated again...

Edit: and yes I had to google how to take a screenshot...

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
Old 19-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #7
Trebesch
IDMf Artist
Trebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MCTrebesch is a savage MC
Isle of Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobia6464 View Post
I'm glad that helped improve your IQ

#shotsfired
Code:
Thanks to Trebesch
Sobia6464 (19-10-2014)
Old 19-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
crackmontage
crackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MCcrackmontage is a savage MC
Oakland CA
MC Status: 435181

wow. just wow. in all my years of ebaying and probably selling 1000 items i never have encountered someone like this.

dont do guitars kids, stay clean and stick to computer parts....

i have gotten some pretty random stuff from some sellers recently:
Code:
item bought: panties

Code:
and this was just thrown in the package with: a safety razor

??? ebay is fuckin weird
crackmontage is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 01:16 AM   #9
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

This just in, along with a new picture of some guitars on a bed...

Quote:
I don't care but just watch somebody outbid me the last 3 minutes but I've got too much guitars to spend anymore money dad left me half of these
Maybe he's just lonely.

------------------
Old 20-10-2014, 02:02 AM   #10
Sobia6464
Soundwave Mangler

The feels are strong with this one

------------------
Quote:
Old 20-10-2014, 03:01 AM   #11
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

The first message would have been red flag as fuck to me.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 03:29 AM   #12
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
hotdog not hotdog
MC Status: 45976998
Thanked 1,423 Times in 1,072 Posts

i guess drunk people post on ebay as well

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 03:42 AM   #13
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 31560

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
The first message would have been red flag as fuck to me.
Yeah, I would have 'lost' his messages in my spam at that point.
badmotor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #14
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744050241
Thanked 7,658 Times in 4,720 Posts

Code:
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #15
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45948381
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,646 Posts

ok but they told me to buy this guitar i actually heard voices tell me so i said ok god stop pestering me dammit i'll buy the guitar from ebay then they said no you have to buy it from space people if you dont then dad will come back to life and kill your family but then just as i was going to buy it fro mthe space people i saw your ad on ebay and it was like a sign from god and i decided right then and there that i was going to buyvtheguitarvyourvselling and the rest is history
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 05:48 PM   #16
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45948381
Thanked 5,804 Times in 3,646 Posts

memrovillia - (noun) An extreme fear of memorabilia purchased from a wealthy Italian vendor.
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Numerical
RFJ (20-10-2014)
Old 20-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #17
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Icon4 Re: A Pointless Thread About A Conversation on eBay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post

Code:
when you see it...... :ph34r:

you'll shit yourself
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #18
Trebesch
IDMf Artist
Isle of Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
when you see it...... :ph34r:

you'll shit yourself
dat other tab
Old 20-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #19
RFJ
IDMf ArtistModerator
I live in California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebesch View Post
dat other tab
Can't be because I clearly pointed that out in what I said yesterday...

Quote:
Edit: and yes I had to google how to take a screenshot...

------------------
Old 20-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #20
Trebesch
IDMf Artist
Isle of Skye

Quote:
Can't be because I clearly pointed that out in what I said yesterday...

Bugger, I don't know what Skycore was hinting at then.

Advertisements

Thanks to Trebesch
RFJ (20-10-2014)