Triggering emotions is the key to making great music - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 23-05-2014, 03:31 PM   #101
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740955
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,627 Posts
Re: Triggering emotions is the key to making great music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsweeper View Post
For me, the best music is music that captures my imagination. Stuff that gives me cool mental images and such. Both deep/serious songs and cheesy as hell fun things can inspire me. Emotions more often than not go along with it all but it's not the main thing that keeps me listening.
Yes.

The music that hits me the hardest is the stuff I immediately imagine as a music video (Autechre really do this for me) that I induce insonmia with mulling over when trying to get to sleep.

I had to justify it with Autechre imagery otherwise it may have seemed I was fantising about my ego being the biggest part of an MTV rap video.

Weird cubes and shapes, not rappers and booty shapes alright,

Advertisements

Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 12:46 AM   #102
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45943931
Thanked 5,715 Times in 3,599 Posts

Triggering samples with sequencers is the key to making music.

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 03:01 AM   #103
twilitez
twilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond reputetwilitez has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 9060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindsweeper View Post
I take it the part you didn't agree with was the "cheesy as hell fun things can inspire me"
Yeah more or less
But to be honest thats my loss and your gain really. I need to stop myself from being so damn serious a little bit too often.

------------------
twilitez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #104
joule28
Minor Glitch
joule28 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

People would consider album sales as "Great music" so we must be clear. The absolute key is triggering the appropriate frequencies so the brain can perceive it as something great. I understand the concept.

Advertisements

joule28 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote