Infiltrating the EDM Scene - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 13-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #41
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993580
Thanked 4,067 Times in 2,639 Posts
Re: Infiltrating the EDM Scene

because..it's boring ?

Advertisements

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #42
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123

cheap and readily available..

many bars, in the US at least, only carry domestic beers and there's also this attitude of blind patriotism over US made products that are decidedly shitty (see ford motorcars), and i think any music sounds good when you're blasted, which probably accounts for the popularity of most decidedly shallow but upbeat music. It was heard primarily in drinking establishments..

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #43
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ

sorry I wasn't being totally serious with that last post, i'm being distracted by goings-on in the household and can't think

------------------
Old 13-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #44
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
that he put a beer name on it doesn't explain why people need these "tasteless & bland" products.
Back to this, not really a simple or easy to answer question. It may change from person to person but with most mainstream (apparently a word we're not allowed to use anymore here. I can say 'societal norm' if that's easier to swallow..) music yeah it's made for the drinking establishments or other venues where people go to 'party'. It's the music that like some dude listens to when taking some bimbo to the beech for a 12pack of coors and forgettable background music that doesn't ruin the mood, for the most part.

So the argument is usually the same one implied by Kvlt 0 earlier, that the very pronounced dislike of popular music by people like me is a dislike of people partying and having fun..

But again this is all assuming that I don't get out or have fun, which is kind-of condescending. But the argument has definetely been polarized like that. So on one end, you have the overly-extroverted party animals and the other is overly-introverted shut-ins and most music is catering to one or the other without a lot of middle ground. The music these days is caters too heavily to one crowd or the other and has a side-effect of reinforcing the more negative aspects of each causing further polarization by pushing the introverts further in and the extroverts further out, in theory.

To be honest that's why I like industrial music, it was like the club music in many ways but without the corny and over-used love songs, songs about 'gettin high', songs about partying, etc. I like the same things, but I don't feel a need for it to be conveyed so clearly and obviously in the music that I'm listening to that makes me feel like an idiot and a sheep..

baaah

------------------
Old 13-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #45
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC

see, that made more sense than the budweiser effect you quoted.
I can rely on a lot of things you say but I have too much trouble wording it correctly

let's get back to making plans on how to infiltrate the edm scene

jokes about EDM meaning Enormous Dong Masturbation

Last edited by Lug; 13-12-2014 at 07:36 PM..

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Thanks to Lug
Kvlt O))) (13-12-2014)
Old 14-12-2014, 04:42 AM   #46
Lug
Soxdix

how this is not an EDM anthem already ?

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 14-12-2014, 07:13 AM   #47
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
how this is not an EDM anthem already ?

i'm surprised as well, it clearly follows the right formula that comprises a standard david guetta club banger.

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #48
Lug
Soxdix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br/ainfu+ked View Post
i'm surprised as well, it clearly follows the right formula that comprises a standard david guetta club banger.
ikr. it says "bitches"

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Old 14-12-2014, 11:44 AM   #49
Son of Akira
IDMf Artist
Son of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MC
over yonder, behind them old railroad tracks
MC Status: 47684970

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROton42 View Post
Omg you crack me up hellscion! Down with "political correctness" for the sake of it being politics and all that, right? If only that were the case. Actually, continuing to use a slur knowing full well it is a slur doesn't have anything to do with the point you were trying to make.

Also, casual oppression is the most easily digestible form of oppression isn't it?

ANYWAYS...

DID I MENTION THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE A SERIOUS TOPIC X3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonchord_tone#Retardation

somebody flashed the etymology signal in the air and I hopped into the wordmobile

------------------
Son of Akira is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Son of Akira
PROton42 (14-12-2014)
Old 14-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #50
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329125350
Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,171 Posts

so....i am sneaking......ever so stealthy.......i am a note...........
slipping ever so quietly into this thread.
The EDM scene is comparable to burning an x in your head,tying a rubber band around your fanny,dipping yourself in a vat full of dippty doo and yelling "im a bird im a plane im a choo choo train".! therefore
balls on a heffa!:badger:

Rixtr is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #51
Son of Akira
IDMf Artist
Son of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MCSon of Akira is a savage MC
over yonder, behind them old railroad tracks
MC Status: 47684970

i looked for the bitcrushed and granulated acoustic guitar strum but couldnt find it... maybe "pads" or "stabs"?

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

------------------
Son of Akira is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 04:35 PM   #52
Br/ainfu+ked
Savage Mad Cunt
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45963548
Thanked 1,154 Times in 888 Posts

step one:
Code:
step two
Code:
step three
Code:
step four

Code:
step 5
Code:

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #53
thom
Savage Mad Cunt
thom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MCthom is a savage MC
Nouvelle Franse
MC Status: 155210
Thanked 3,104 Times in 1,862 Posts

I think the people behind this club track frequency chart should be thrown in a dark closet along with 300 mad giant wasps.. and a gun so they eventually find it and kill each other.

I'd sample that.

Advertisements

thom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to thom
Stich (15-12-2014)