FPV DRONE RACING - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Technology & Lifestyle Gadgets, gaming, computers and new inventions. This forum is not used for music production.

Old 26-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #41
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts
Re: UNDERGROUND FPV DRONE RACING IS THE GEEK SPORT OF THE FUTURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlif3 View Post
Nice to see your quad finally fly. Have you tried any simulators? Hotprops and Freeride seem good. You can play them with your radio. They could save a few props.
Hey i checked out the simulators you mentioned and they are pretty cool! Thanks for pointing them out

Advertisements

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #42
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42387899
Thanked 5,078 Times in 3,312 Posts

This Guy Strapped 54 Drones Together To Make A Personal Helicopter

http://www.unilad.co.uk/video/this-g...al-helicopter/

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Roo Stercogburn
Morgen (22-09-2015)
Old 26-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #43
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 6710

I went from, that seems pretty cool to this is incredibly awsome upon the realisation that you can do this in the first person perspective via the camera.

------------------
Newest Track: Powercyan - Disciples of the Night (Optimal Prime 'Future DnB Remix')

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2015, 03:31 AM   #44
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimal Prime View Post
I went from, that seems pretty cool to this is incredibly awsome upon the realisation that you can do this in the first person perspective via the camera.
Probably going to be the sweetest thing I ever do with my life if/when I do it. All hail VR and racing small aircraft!
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2015, 01:06 PM   #45
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel

Getting a buddy to print me some parts with his 3D printer. I want them all in red

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:980375

Code:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:781790

Code:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:922792

Last edited by professurreal; 07-10-2015 at 09:42 AM..

------------------
Thanks to professurreal
vashima (29-09-2015)
Old 01-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #46
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Another update (and Happy new year btw )

After quite a while I finally built in the 3D printed parts that fit and today I finally tried flying in FPV for the first time.

Was pretty fun. Sadly the cam wasn't focused properly so the video is pretty blurry but here it is anyway along with pics of the new setup. I crash a few times but I actually take off again until the very end of the video at which point it flipps over and breaks a prop. Other than that nothing was damaged during this flight,

https://vimeo.com/150475331

Code:
Code:

Last edited by professurreal; 01-01-2016 at 10:02 PM..

------------------
Old 02-01-2016, 09:03 AM   #47
vashima
vashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MCvashima is a savage MC
Pocatello, Idaho
MC Status: 13560

That is awesome man! I want to get into drones so much.
vashima is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 12:35 PM   #48
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel
FPV DRONE RACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashima View Post
That is awesome man! I want to get into drones so much.

Only do so if you also enjoy the building and repairing part as you'll probably spend much more time doing that and waiting for new orders then actual flying. Especially in the beginning

------------------
Old 18-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #49
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel
Re: FPV DRONE RACING

Finally got to fly again yesterday as the weather is slowly getting better

The first vid is a flight in the stabilized "attitude" flight mode. In this mode the quad always tried to get back into a horizontal position whenever I let go of the sticks.
The second vid is my second ever flight in the manual "rate" mode in which the quad keeps whatever angle I set it to, even when I let go of the sticks. This mode also allows for flips so this is the prefered mode when doing stunts or racing.

Sadly the rate mode flight is a bit short and I didn't get my first one on film (which was a bit longer). But during the second one I did my first ever flips so there's that at least

Anyway, compared to some of the pros out there my vids are pretty lame but hey, have fun anyway. You get to see me a bit excited after the rate vid flight

attitude mode:

rate mode:

------------------
Old 25-06-2016, 03:17 PM   #50
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

I guess noone really cares but wtf, here's some new videos anyway:

Yesterday I decided to try tuning the responsiveness of my drone a bit and test out a different flight mode of my flight controller. It's called Acro+ and what it basically does is switch to manual prop control when pushing the stick all the way into one direction. This effectively turns of the gyro and puts full power to the props on one side allowing much faster flips.
It flies much better after tuning but is still a bit too sensitive for my taste and it still shakes a bit coming out of flips which should be fixed by fine tuning it a bit more.

The first two videos are a bit of flight testing out the new mode and the last one is actually my frist attempt at a flip in this mode which failed terribly and resulted in a crash which surprisingly didn't break anything

------------------
Thanks to professurreal
Roo Stercogburn (26-06-2016)
Old 12-07-2016, 06:21 AM   #51
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

OK flashed a different firmware onto my flight controller. It's called betaflight and was optimised specifically for flying in acro mode. It has some nice features that my old software libre pilot does not have such as "air mode" which prevents the pid controller (which is responsible for keeping track of the drones position) from switching off at low throttle.
This means that I can essentially cut the throttle in mid air and the motors will still keep the drone balanced and stable even while falling. It also means that although the throttle is set to zero I can still fully control the position of the drone.
Quite fun because you can essentially thrust it forward, cut the power so it keeps flying the way it last got sent (essentially like a projectile) during which I can still flip it any way I want before switching the throttle back on to catch it...

Anyway still need to practice but I've tuned the settings a bit and it already flies pretty well:

------------------
Old 19-07-2016, 09:33 AM   #52
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Made another video with better tuned values. Flies pretty smoothly now

Thought a bit of music might be fun so I added a track underneath that I made sometime last year

------------------
Thanks to professurreal
Roo Stercogburn (19-07-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 09:22 AM   #53
Cinderella
Learning The Ropes
Cinderella will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Wonderful !

Advertisements